- 1.108-7916 (PDF), Issued 9/18/1979
Application of interest to a judgment.
- 1.108-8017 (PDF), Issued 12/19/1980
Variable rate loans are not prohibited by Consumer Protection Code but increase in rate on mortgage loans may be limited to 1% by § 34-31-90 (2).
- 1.109-8011 (PDF), Issued 9/9/1980
First adjustment of dollar amounts occurred on July 1, 1980 in sections in effect on that date including § 37-2-207
- 1.201-7506 (PDF), Issued 4/16/1975
Application of Code to "open end credit" transactions.
- 1.202(7)-7602 (PDF), Issued 2/11/1976
Origination fee" in addition to maximum interest is an excess charge.
- 1.202(7) - 7602 (PDF), Amended 11/3/1978
"Origination fee" in addition to maximum finance charge is an excess charge.
- 1.202.7603 (PDF), Issued 3/4/1976
Application of Code for agricultural purposes.
- 1.202-7901 (PDF), Issued 1/31/1979
Loan primarily for agricultural purpose may not be made subject to Consumer Protection Code by agreement.
- 1.202-7903 (PDF), Issued 3/19/1979
Clarification of term "residence."
- 1.202-8106 (PDF), Issued 7/27/1981
Exclusion of first mortgage loans to pay off bona fide initial construction loans.
- 1.202-8108 (PDF), Issued 9/8/1981
Application of Code to pawnbroker loans.
- 1.202-8110 (PDF), Issued 9/17/1981
Mobile home secured loans governed by Consumer Protection Code rate and charge limitations.
- 1.202A-8013 (PDF), Issued 10/14/1980
Second mortgage consumer loan made by an individual to an individual is subject to rate ceiling in Consumer Protection Code depending on number of loans made.
- 1.301-7604 (PDF), Issued 3/4/1976
Clarification of term "agricultural purpose."
- 1.301-7618 (PDF), Issued 12/20/1976
Non-filing insurance premium is "official fee" and may not exceed the amount which would be actually paid to public officials if a security interest were perfected by filing.
- 1.301-7701 (PDF), Issued 2/17/1977
Purchase money security interest in land includes a mortgage given to pay off a purchase money security interest in land.
- 1.301-7902 (PDF), Issued 1/31/1979
Commercial fishing vessel loans are not primarily for agricultural purposes.
The Administrative Interpretations are provided by the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs (SCDCA) for informational purposes only. While every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on the website, SCDCA makes no warranties or representations regarding its accuracy or completeness, and each user of this website understands that SCDCA disclaims any liability for any damages in connection with its use. Due to changes in law and interpretation, it is recommended that you confirm with the SCDCA that the documents intended for use are still accurate and have not been superseded prior to any formal use.