Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

You can file a complaint and submit applications for licensing online. Filings you do not wish to make, or that are not available, online can be submitted via mail for processing.

Department staff is available to assist with any questions at (800) 922-1594 (toll free in SC) or 803-734-4200 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays. You can also email general questions to

Help for Homeowners

Questions about HOAs?

State law (S.C. Code Ann. § 27-30-340) requires DCA to collect certain data from complaints involving homeowners associations (HOA). SCDCA is reviewing the complaint data received in conjunction with the complaint forms for potential improvements. Any suggestions for content or process improvements may be submitted to DCA by e-mail or snail mail.

For more information on the Homeowners Association Act and other HOA education, click here.

Facing Foreclosure?

If you are having trouble making your mortgage payment, you are in the right place.   Below are links to frequently asked questions for consumers facing foreclosure in SC and other resources to help you stay in your home or otherwise avoid foreclosure.

Help Is Available

  • Federal Resources - Educational materials on mortgages and foreclosure from various federal agencies.

  • Understanding Mortgage Loans (PDF) -This brochure can help you determine what is best for your situation, become familiar with mortgage loan terms, and learn what is involved in the application process.

  • Veterans in Financial Distress - The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Home Loan website gives information about mortgage assistance and contact information for questions.