Ditch the Pitch
Department staff is available to assist with any questions at (800) 922-1594 (toll free in SC) or 803-734-4200 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays. You can also email general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Consumer Credit: A Guide for Business (PDF) - A quick guide on what creditors need to file with SCDCA.
• Identity Theft / Security Breach Notifications - Guidance for businesses and government in complying with state and federal identity theft protection laws.
• Automobile Advertising Reporting Form (PDF) - Complete and submit this form to report advertising violations.
• Lemon Law- Laws related to express warranties and filing forms for use by manufacturers.
• SCDCA Guide for Auto Dealers (PDF) - This guide provides an overview of the various consumer protection laws and assistance to auto dealers in complying with those laws.
• Counseling Borrowers (PDF) - A reference guide for credit counselors to aid in counseling borrowers on high-cost home loans.
• Counseling Check List (PDF) - High cost home loan checklist.
• Fast Facts for Mortgage Brokers (PDF) - A quick look for mortgage brokers at key measures in the predatory lending law.
• Marketing Pamphlet - This pamphlet explains the rights and responsibilities of consumers who are marketed renewable energy facilities, including solar.
• Standard Disclosure - The standard disclosure is used in the sale or lease of renewable energy facilities, including solar.
• Athlete Agent Law FAQs - Information on who is considered an athlete agent and related filing and renewal requirements.
• Consumer Credit Counseling for Licensees (PDF) - Fast facts on the requirements for credit counselors.
• Homeowners Association (HOA) Information - Education and information on the Homeowners Association Act including FAQs, an overview of the laws and who to contact.