Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

You can file a complaint and submit applications for licensing online. Filings you do not wish to make, or that are not available, online can be submitted via mail for processing.

Department staff is available to assist with any questions at (800) 922-1594 (toll free in SC) or 803-734-4200 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays. You can also email general questions to

Chapter Six

  • 6.201-7509 (PDF), issued 7/16/1975
    An attorney who sells his services on an installment contract is required to file a notification with the Department of consumer Affairs.
  • 6.201-7805 (PDF), issued 8/25/1978
    A savings and loan associations making consumer loans other than "sharing loans" is subject to the Consumer Protection code.
  • 6.201-8006 (PDF), issued 6/26/1980
    Edgefield County Hospital makes consumer credit sales of hospital services and is required to file notification with and pay a fee annually to the administrator.
  • 6.202-7402 (PDF), issued 12/20/1974
    New businesses subject to 6.201 must file notification within thirty days after commencing business and thereafter, along with old businesses, on or before January thirty-first of each year.


The Administrative Interpretations are provided by the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs (SCDCA) for informational purposes only. While every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on the website, SCDCA makes no warranties or representations regarding its accuracy or completeness, and each user of this website understands that SCDCA disclaims any liability for any damages in connection with its use. Due to changes in law and interpretation, it is recommended that you confirm with the SCDCA that the documents intended for use are still accurate and have not been superseded prior to any formal use.